From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 1:16 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: BIG VTTC project

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

Sounds like a pretty intense amount of overkill. I'm sure one could convert
a substation transformer into some sort of AA battery recharger too.

Let's say you want 10 volts at 85 amps out of your filament transformer.
That's 850 watts, hardly anythign polemount transformer level, unless you
are taking apart something like a 1kVA "fixed duty" transformer.

One could tear the secondary out of a microwave oven transfomer and make a
filament transformer and skip the hoists and winches, gallons of oil and
extra 100 pounds of unneeded transformer.

KEN