Re: more newbie questions

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>Tesla was studying the behavior/effects/uses of high-frequency, high
>voltage power transmission. After creating the first polyphase AC
>transmission system and the first AC hydroelectric system,

         If this is ad rem Niagara:
         Other hydroelectric systems, non Tesla, preceded
         Niagara by years.  Niagara (first 'phase') used Swiss
         (If I Recall) turbines, with Tesla patents used in
         the alternators/transformers/motors.

>the induction motor, the first radio-controlled ship, and several

>dozen types of motors, meters and other devices, his ultimate

>dream was to provide worldwide electrical power, "so abundantly

>and cheaply that it wouldn't be worth metering."  Unfortunately,

>his financial backers, principally J.P.Morgan, were not

>interested in the business of giving away energy that they had

>already invested millions in generating for profit and pulled the plug on
>this research.

         Tesla told them he was going to do wireless
         communications. When they found they had been 'lied'
         to, (and he didn't do the 'radio') they got a tad touchy.

If browsing the net for Tesla info, there is some, wellllll
'interesting' info out there, with little apparent connection
with reality...

--
         best
         dwp