Re: newbie to tesla stuff

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 06:10 PM 02/01/03 -0700, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

 >Welcome,
 >
 >I see that you are in Richmond, VA.  Get a hold of the Tesla Coil Builders
 >of Richmond.  I'm sure that they would be glad to help a new coiler.
 >
 >The first thing before you build a coil for yourself, is hit the books.
 >Anything about Tesla that sounds too good to be true, IS NOT TRUE!
 >Study up on electrical safety, circuit theory, etc.  That will be useful.
 >The archives here will also be useful.  I wish I had this list back when
 >I started.  The ARRL handbooks can be useful.  I believe Brent Turner
 >also has a book. (anyone?)

<SNIP>

Brent's book was the first one I bought, and I recommend it heartily.
It's called "The Tesla Coil Book" and it cost $23.95 U.S.D.  Sorry I
don't have his current address, but someone else on the list will.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca