Re: Can You Get Zapped by your coil with out being harmed?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Original poster: "Timothy R. Alkema by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ALKEMAT-at-student.gvsu.edu>
>
>I have a coil that i built a year ago and I have played wit it a lot.  I
>have never been "hit" by a spark but i was wondering if you can actually
>let the spark jump to your finger without killing yourself.  It runs off of
>a 4000 volt transformer with 1 shunt removed.  its about ten inches tall so
>its not huge.  Let me know so I dont do something stupid;)

Hi Timothy,
        You can get away with it every time EXCEPT the last one. :-((  .
However, there is quite a bit of evidence that long-term, cumulative
neurological and circulatory damage occurs whenever an HVRF discharge
passes through the body, even when it isn't fatal, or even painful. The
pain sensors don't respond to RF. I wouldn't touch it.

Matt D.
credentials: Still alive and coiling 40+ years after my first coil