Re: Can You Get Zapped by your coil with out being harmed?

Original poster: "Nicholas Field by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <nick.field-at-hvfx.co.uk>

Dan,

Lead by example.  Telling people 'I do it with no problems, but don't you do
it' isn't really the way forward.

The output of _any_ Tesla coil can be lethal.  The lowest reported lethal
shock current is 14mA.  Even in the smallest NST system the peak discharge
current will exceed that.

In the bad old days when people thought they could take shocks to their body
with relative impunity, thanks to the almighty 'skin effect', some people
gave themselves quite large exposures.  One of those people is dead, and at
least one other needs regular massage therapy to try and undo the damage.

The bottom line :  TC's can and have killed.

Safe Coiling,
Nick
Nick Field, HVFX
www.hvfx.co.uk