Can You Get Zapped by your coil with out being harmed?

Original poster: "Timothy R. Alkema by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ALKEMAT-at-student.gvsu.edu>

I have a coil that i built a year ago and I have played wit it a lot.  I
have never been "hit" by a spark but i was wondering if you can actually
let the spark jump to your finger without killing yourself.  It runs off of
a 4000 volt transformer with 1 shunt removed.  its about ten inches tall so
its not huge.  Let me know so I dont do something stupid;)