Re: Aussie question: Toroid as a shorted turn

Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Peter: To answer your question the toroid would be a shorted turn if it was
located within the strong magnetic field of the primary. It is located
outside of the near magnetic field. If a secondary is made to long the
excess length will de-tract from the output. Most coilers mount the toroid
above the top of the secondary coil winding. My secondary is 10 cm lower
than the toroid mount. If current were absorbed by the toroid the current
would be so low it would not mater.
   Robert  H
--

<http://members.iinet-dot-net.au/~pterren/index.html>http://members.iinet-dot-net.au/~