Re: Splicing Primary Copper Tubing

Original poster: "Edward Wingate by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

 > My primary tubing is a bit short (only comes in 100ft lengths), and I need
 > to splice on a few more turns with additiona.
 > tubing.  Not being a plumber, I have no clue how to splice copper tubing?
 >
 > Anyone have a brief description how this is done?  I guess its done with a
 > blowtorch, plumber's solder, and some flux.
 >
 > Any help appreciated.
 >
 > Thanks
 >
 > Dan

Dan,

Buy a common copper coupler (about 35 cents) used by plumbers and available
at any Home Depot, Lowes, etc., slip
the ends in and solder with a good 60/40 radio/TV solder. The primary on
the driver for my magnifier has a splice
that was done this way. No pain/ no strain. A small propane torch will have
plenty of heat to do this.

Ed Wingate RATCB