Re: What about test euipment and stuff?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>One of my big questions is:
>

>What kind-of test equipment did Tesla use? I am pretty sure that he didn't
>have any and he still built TC's that are better than today's.

Hi James,
        On the contrary, Tesla had at his disposal all the test equipment
that existed at that time plus those he invented himself. I have and still
use several Weston voltmeters and ammeters that have 19th century patent
dates. Check "Nikola Tesla: Lecture Before the NY York Academy of Sciences
- April 6, 1897" by Leland Anderson. publ.1994 by TwentyFirstCent.Books. A
check of his patents will show a number of Instruments he devised himself.
        Your assertion that Tesla built coils "better than today's"
requires some rethinking. Just what is the basis and what are your
standards for "Better"?  Safer? Higher voltage? More Dependable? Bigger?
Longer sparks for the same power??

Matt D.