RE: J Ladder

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

C. Capps,

Sorry if my post sounded a bit harsh, but like you, safety is a big concern.
I think its much better for
people to ask questions regarding set-up etc... before just hooking up some
high voltage transformers blindly
especially when they are unsure of something.  In High Voltage, anything can
happen especially when you least
expect it.  You eventually did ask the proper questions, and got some very
knowledeable people to give you answers
to your questions, especially the ones showing the use of another MOT for a
ballast.

The Captain

Also to "THE CAPTAIN"
I said it sounded stupid, But of course I know my circuit
breaker is doing its job
And I knew I should of used Oil burner xfmrs
because MOT's are not current limited
like NST's
but I just wanted to see what would happen
and yes I know it could have caused a fire
that's why I had a good old ABC Beside me
and I was running on a metal conduit going from
my breaker box to my MOT's About 3ft and I have
my breaker on a quick disconnect hooked to
a another meter >not the one supplying the house mains current
Next time I will check pupmans archive's

Sorry this sounds sort of angry it just came of that way
I always work Safety first! (although it may not appear in my text)

Thanks,
C Capps