Re: "Propeller gap": reliability demonstration test status?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

I've been continually running my propellar gap at 3600 RPM (240 BPS with 8
electrodes) during all the time i'm in my basement working in my lab.  So
far I would guess it has about
50 hours run-time (averaging about 4 hours per evening)  The only thing I
really measured is the distance of the tungsten electrode from electrode tip
to the polyethylene rotor using
calipers.
So far, the thing hasn't budged a bit.  I don't forsee any problems with
this design thus far.
Perhaps when the electrode is heated (during operation), this could cause a
difference.

Dan