RE: Kevlar

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

My thoughts exactly.  As I said before, a simple piece of carpet draped over
some rope will do the trick just fine.

Dan

For crying out loud guys, get real.  In body armor, a flexible fabric is
required.  For shielding a rotary gap, a rigid material that you can bolt
down is what you need.  Think wood, plywood, Lexan.  Particularly with the
use of the very low mass propeller gap that started this thread, almost
anything will do.

Gary Lau
MA, USA