Re: AC grill primary

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

I'm working on a complete "square" tesla coil.
The secondary is on a square PVC form, the primary is square, the toroid is
square (with rounded corners), and almost any that is curved in a typical
tesla coil
is square or some other polygon.

Dan

 > You know, the primary doesn't *have* to be, ummm, circular...;)
 > Octagonal might be nice.
 > Dan K.
 >
 > I was alreary thinking the same thing. Has anyone wound a primary with 12
 > or 14 AWG bare stranded copper? Do you think the corners would create
 > corona problems? Would the wire be able to handle the current (15, 60
NST)?