Re: Machining Lexan

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I also used 1/2" lexan. I simply cut mine with a jig
saw, and drilled 5/16" holes using a drill press. I
used 1/4" tubing with 1/4" spacing, or 1/2" center to
center. I attached mine to a plywood base using
screws, then I threaded the tubing through the holes.
Most folks think this is too much work, but I didn't
think it was too bad, and really liked the appearance.

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/primary.htm

However, be aware that lexan is flammable, as I found
out the hard way.

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/disasters.htm

thanks
Adam