Re: grounding

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Important it is. Any ground is better than no ground !!!! The problem is how
effective is the ground. Power ground is electrical ground, but it has lots
of wire to provide inductance and posible dammage to other equipment even in
locations distant from you. The RF ground isolates problems to the point
where the coil is without long wire lengths. No inductance to allow problems
to be conducted any distance away and it isolates most interfearence to a
small location. Consider what problems would be created if power poles did
not have ground wires on them. The power system itself would be a huge
antenna system for interfearence. Years past lightning would hit a pole and
distruction would go for miles. I rember crews working to re-string 5 miles
of wire vaporised by one strike .That seldom happens today. When you
generate high frequency energy the power isolation system is not effective
to prevent problems and mad neighbors in football season so you nead to
isolate your hobby to yourself and not spred it all over town.
      Robert   H