RE: 6 MOT supply was First Light for 10" Coil.

Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz" <mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Peter,

I have been working on a 6 MOT supply, but I keep having a problem on the
outer pair of MOTs.  Though I remove the lead attached to the core, I am
getting breakdown from the secondary winding to the core.  Currently I am
in the process of submerging the stack in transformer oil to see if this
helps.  Any pointers you might be able to offer would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mark Stolz
Pearland, TX
http://teslacoils4christ-dot-org/

>Original poster: "Peter Reid" <peter-at-reidconsulting-dot-com.au>
>
>Ben
>
>Thanks, Let me know if you decide to make a power supply similar to
>mine, there's lots more things I can point out to save you lots of time
>etc.
>
>I've have had MOT's die before, but only because I had done something
>wrong.
<snip>