Re: aluminum primary coil AC resistance

Aluminum's resistivity at RF frequencies is poor and will kill the Q factor
of your primary LC circuit.  It can be used but is poor engineering.  Use
copper --- much better and more peak current into your sec circuit due to
higher peak current in the pri.

If you measure the peak pri currents while the coil is operating with a
storage scope you will see the difference.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913