Re: First Light for 10" Coil.

John:

I think it's simple physics.  The top closed turns of the coil act to shield
the electrostatic field from the underside of the toroid.  This will cause a
10-20% reduction in the toroid's measured isotropic value.

D.C. Cox

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913
 > toroid capacitance when placed on the TC secondary. This capacitance is
much
 > less than the toroid capacitance calculated by the standard equations.
Why??