1080VA coil pics

Original poster: Chris Roberts <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi everybody,

I finally got around to taking some photos of my 6" coil. It's taken a
while because this is one of the few times everything is working right, (If
any of you remember, this is the one that killed 2 geek-cap MMCs, had
racing sparks galore, and almost bankrupted me out of coiling >=\  ) and
the fact that I had to finally brave the cold and drag the thing out into
the snow.

This is my favorite picture that I took, because everything is lit right,
and although the racing spark on the secondary is a bad thing, (Noooo! I
thought I fixed that!!!) it at least looks cool. =D The picture is an f
2.8, 5 second exposure while having the coil "painted" with a flashlight.
That way the coil itself is lit, while keeping the background dark for the
sparks to show up. Sparks are about 3 feet long, but the one going toward
the bottom right may be much longer.

Here's a high-res version:

<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/1080VAmed.JPG>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/1080VAmed.JPG

And for all of you in 56K land, a smaller version:

<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/1080VAsm.jpg>http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/1080VAsm.jpg

-Chris