Re: NEW Direct Coupled Tesla Circuit - Looks promising

Hi Daniel,

I'm having a hard time seeing how this thing starts.  I presume the spark
gap is set close to 200KV else you wouldn't need the 200KV cap.  At power
on, the primary and resonator coils are not resonating and are at zero
volts. The pole pig puts 14.4KV onto the 500nf 30KV cap (don't know what the
resonance of the pig is but I assume that it can charge this large cap.
So... 14.4KV at 60 HZ gets coupled to some extent into the primary coil via
the 500 pf cap.  Can't tell what the tuned conditions are. Either the
primary is in tune with the resonator with the 500 pf cap or with the 500 nf
cap. But, in any case,  the forcing function is 60 Hz.  So maybe something
gets started.  I'll need to evaluate the transfer function if you can give
some values.  Assuming that the primary resonates with 500 pf and builds up
enough to fire the sparkgap, the primary would then resonant with 500 nf and
a lot of joules would be dumped by this large cap if breakdown occurs at
peak 60 Hz.  But the resonance has changed and the primary to secondary
either goes out of tune or comes into tune???  In any case, seems like a lot
of current in the sparkgap.

Please explain

Gerry R.
Ft Collins, CO