From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 12:41 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Picofarad Capacitor Standard

Original poster: Bart Anderson <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

John,

I have a 1nF BMMC (baby mmc) array measuring 1.04nF which you are welcome
to use for your research. I'm not sure this value is low enough for you,
but I think you would "feel" a little more comfortable knowing the calc's
match the measurement within tolerance. It's simply a 4x4 array using high
voltage poly-pro film/foil construction (Cornell Dubilier DPPM12D1K).
Single cap value is also 1nF. I built this for a tiny 0.375" x 3"
secondary. The array is mounted on a 3 x 6 pcb w/ hv 18 awg leads (roughly
20" length). The array is designed for 5000V, so that could be a limiting
factor.

If something like a 20nF cap would suit you, I can send you a 60kV CSI
prof. pulse cap. Dimensions are roughly 3" W x 16.5"L. This cap has a
0.375" brass lug at each end. The cap has an arrow pointing to one end
(mount with this end up [oil distribution]).

Your welcome to use either for the toroid research. If interested, just let
me know and I'll ship out.

Take care,
Bart