RE: Water absorbtion of Gray PVC

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Jeff,

You said it all!  "So far the pros say sand, heat, coast and the
hobbyists say not to..."  Exactly said.  Professional built and hobbyist
built tesla coils have completely different requirements they need to be
built to.  As a professional, you need to build a tesla coil with repeat
performance, high reliability, and low-cost maintainability.  As a
hobbyist, this isn't much of a concern. Build a coil, fire it up.  So
once in a blue moon the secondary may breakdown due to hydroscopic
effects.  Big deal.  Build another one.  However, as a professional, a
failure like this during an important demonstration (where a client paid
big bucks for) would not be good for business.  So as a professional,
those added secondary pre-treatment steps *would* be a necessity.

Dan