Re: Small v.s. large primary

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 12/9/03 7:46:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

- much snipping here -

>So who's right?
>
>My personal experience with a 12" diameter pig fed coil supports Richard's
>observations but I see pictures of a lot of large coils using primaries like
>those described by Dr. Resonance.  So, what's the consensus among those of you
>who have built pig-powered coils?
>
>Dave

Dave,

I do get 108" sparks out of my 6" coil running at 5 kva to 7 kva.  That
primary is tapped at about 10 turns.  I don't think that has been beat to
my knowledge.  A very good discussion.

Ed Sonderman