Re: Pole pig on ebay

Original poster: "Crow Leader" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 8:34 PM
Subject: RE: Pole pig on ebay

 > Original poster: "Stephen Mathieson" <s.mathieson-at-charter-dot-net>
 >
 > Doesn't look worth the shipping charges. I purchased a refurbished 15KVA
on
 > e-bay and it was drop shipped
 > from  <http://www.solomoncorp-dot-com/>http://www.solomoncorp-dot-com/
 >
 > The e-bay item in question mentions that the transformer is leaking oil,
if
 > this oil contains PCB's you may be buying a liability.

It looks like a quite modern Cooper transformer, with laser engraved
nameplate. Unless it was filled with PCBs by some loser, it's probably fine
in that respect. It is apparently leaking which is questionable, oil doesn't
drip out of the sky. Why knows, maybe it fell over or somebody pulled the
pressure relieve valve, that can spurt oil.

KEN