Theoretical understanding

Original poster: tristan Matthews <thrawnda-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi everyone, i have just joined the list after finishing building my first
Tesla coil as a UCB lab class final project. While I was been able to find
an amazing amount of information on the web about how to build the coil,
but was unable to find any really understanding of how it theoretically
works. The book "Modern Tesla Coil Design and Theory" by Duane A. Bylund is
most commonly, and almost exclusively, referenced but it has gone out of
print and I have been unable to find a copy of it. So I'm I find my self in
search of guidance as to what references others have found useful?

Thanks for your help
Tristan Matthews