mishaps and oscillator former suggestion

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hallo all!

With the beginning og the cold part of year I decided to redesign my
somewhat unfaithful magnifier construction from last year. To make a long
story short: It arced over in many places due to the unfinished wood soaked
up water during storage.....but the whole setup was more of an experimental
one...and the right time of year for bonfires

Now I was loking for some tube with 25 or 30cm ( about 10 to 12 inch )
diameter and 30cm length.
This is unavailable or very expensive where I live ( I would have to buy
much larger lenth ). Are there any ideas around for a cylindrical former?
I thought of an octagonal arrangement of 8 HDPE posts made from kitchen
board, but this would of course result in an octagonal coil....would this
harm the performance...after all this could look pretty cool if built
properly. ( spells not built by me )

note to Antinio M. de Queiroz: your great inca program has become a almost
daily companion with such desing questions, can I take octagonal für round
coils...or will the results differ to much?

any suggestions are welcome.

MfG
Christoph Bohr