RE: Dead Electrical Dudes No. 2

Original poster: "Daniel Kline" <daniel_kline-at-med.unc.edu>

transmission systems.
I can't remember where I got this figure, but I think that DC power
transmission was impractical
for a distance over three miles. That means there would have had to have
been a new electrical
distibution station about every three miles in every direction. And guess
who would have raked it
in from the sales of such systems? Edison. That's why he fought
Tesla/Westinghouse so hard and in
such harsh ways.
Dan Kline