Re: primary construction techniques

Original poster: Zagarus Rashkae <arbitrarily_random-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Kevin,

A flat spiral primary would work, just wind the 6AWG
off the spool onto some supports. I like the cable tie
method due to its simplicity and cheapness, but if you
have access to a milling machine or something of that
sort you could make notches in blocks of plastic and
wind the coil on that.

Many Tesla coiling sites that you will find on the Web
detail at least one of these construction methods.

6AWG solid wire should be fine for coils up to about
2-3kVA, IMO. The wire/tubing size usually depends on
what you have on hand and what looks good. If you can
provide some specs for your system (puwer supply,
secondary size, etc) we could be much more helpful.

Regards,

Chris Lu

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/lulabs/Tesla.html