power transformer design ...

Original poster: "Rajesh Seenivasan" <rajeshkvs-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Dear forum members,

I know this topic doesnt exactly match with the Tesla mailing list. But,
when I saw few discussions
here I understood that the Tesla experts can solve my problem too ...

I am trying to design a Tesla coil and an induction heating system at my home.
I need to design a power transformer. It should be:
Ferrite cored,
operates in the freq range 20KHz to 200KHz,
A 25KW inverter drives the primary coil,
Ratio between primary and secondary is 20:1
... and I want that to be very economical

My assumptions(!) for this design are:
Any EE cores available in the market, the length of core (parameter A) can
be 100mm-150mm.
I can have 2 or 3 such cores placed parallely to form a single EE core.
The primary winding can have "X" turns of insulated #14 wire used for house
wiring.
The secondary will be 8mm copper tube with few turns, which will be used as
the Induction coil which heats the metals.
The whole transformer will be dipped in oil.
I assume that 420Vpeak-peak, 40A current should flow through the primary.

Any suggestions for the design will be very helpful for me.
Thanks in advance.

.... also, anybody knows about companies which manufacture large ferrites ?
I get small ferrites only
in the electronics market nearby.

Thanks and regards,
Raj.