coil at school?

Original poster: "K Wilson" <teslamap-at-hotmail-dot-com>

After making a new secondary coil on the lathe at school, all the
professors want me to bring the coil in for a demonstration. But I remember
something about coils causing voltage spikes in the mains wiring. I just
unplug everything in the house when I run it at home. The tech building has
300 computers that I dont want to have to pay for!
How can I run the coil at school (or other building)? I have a filter in
the mains input, would that be good enough? Keep the RF ground far from the
building ground?

Thanks,
Kevin Wilson
teslamap-at-hotmail-dot-com