RE: bad magnet wire seller

Original poster: "Laurence Davis" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Are you using a calibrated scale ?  I'm guessing they wouldn't help you on
your issue?

I purchase all my wire from a local company.
S&W wire in cranberry, pa.  phone is 800-635-8467
except they have a 10lb spool minimum order.
the last order i made was for 30awg in a 10lb spool.
but with 6 MILES of wire, I wasn't real concerned about
it being up or down a pound.  the cost was about 50-60 dollars.
There were no shipping charges as I picked it up.
The minimum order drops to 5lbs over 36awg or so.

They are a wire company and are used to dealing with customers
that know exactly what they want.   there are specific standards
for the coatings, but I dont have a list nor know where to look.
If I find a chart that shows the coatings, Ill post it.

larry.