RE: and oddity or a normality?

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

On 1 Dec 2003, at 8:10, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Philip Brinkman" <peeceebee-at-mindspring-dot-com>
 >
 > I have seen that before...can't remember where, but it's a good thing,
 > it shows the actual energy field where the transfer from the primary
 > to the secondary is occuring, if it goes all the way to the top of the
 > secondary then that is proper coupling.

I can't agree with that assertion. Corona = losses. It also indicates
the electric field strength at various points, not coupling or energy
transfer. It is a possible harbinger of doom for the secondary if the
power input is upped significantly.

Malcolm