Re: what is the cost for electricity to run a Tesla coil?

Original poster: "Dave Lewis by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hvdave-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Also don't forget the electricity costs for these critical items too....
  - Computer used for design and research.
  - Soldering irons and guns.
  - Radio and lights for those long nites building.

I'd bet thats where the "real" cost of electricity lies :-)

My wife always makes me laugh when she complains about opening the
garage door too many times because shes concerned about the electricity
usage but doesn't even think twice about leaving a 100W light on in a
room.  I tried to explain to her that the garage door only uses a little
bit of electricity since its only on for a short period whereas the 100W
light can gulp it down over the long haul.  That didn't seem to impress
her much.

Our electricity bill during christmas season due to all the lights on
the house did get her attentioin though.