Re: New Pix (Caps across Gap)

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hi Gary, Coilers,

I've had no problems with the doorknob caps at all after many minutes
of operation.  On more than one occasion I've felt them after a long
firing and noticed no heating whatsoever.  They are only 500 pF. each
so the series capacity will be 250 pF. which won't make for much of a
bang when the gap fires.  I'm using them in your "Devil's Advocate"
manner, namely to shunt any high frequency transcients or parasitics
that might try to get back to the PDT.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle