Re: DC Resonance Charging Advice Sought

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Hi Dave,

Your low resistance Kenyan choke is perfect for this application. The
addition of the RC filter using a 1000 ohm resistor will reduce your
charging supply efficiency a bit (~2.5%), your output voltage by about 600
volts, and your bang size by about 8% (0.14) joules. You shouldn't have any
problems with an operating frequency of 160 kHz, and you should see only a
slight performance difference in operation. Please keep us posted on your
progress.

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by Ultrastrong Fields,
Lichtenberg Figures (electrical discharges in acrylic), & Scarce OOP