Re: Oscope advice

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>
 >
 > Hi Chris,
 >
 > Work all the knobs and switches back and forth many many times...
 >
 > Tek scopes like to corrode the contacts over time, but they are self
 > cleaning with use....
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 >          Terry

	That's particularly true if you also use some form of contact cleaner
where ever you can find a place to apply it.  In olden times some
instrument makers recommended lubricating all sliding switch contacts
with a very thin film of vasoline or equivalent.  I've also used
Lubriplate (white kind, forget the designation) for the same purpose.

Ed