The "Terry filter" (was NST deaths on async gap)

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

About 1uH: that's nice to know :)

I concluded (perhaps falsely) that the resistance was inhibiting accurate
inductance measurement with the meter I was using because the meter gave me
two very different values depending on 120Hz or 1000Hz measurement.  I
don't remember any more details than that, since that was better than 3
years ago.  It does appear that your meter reads a little "off" as well.

Regarding the NST deaths with your filter design: I can claim 2 such
deaths.  The first failure was "operator error," (major system changes,
completely new environment, and neglected to reset my safety gaps) and the
second one was a faulty NST - it looked "very well used" and featured a
broken LV bushing.  Interestingly, the "bad" NST was hooked up when the
first one died, and has probably a full hour of TC service.  The filter was
the original design posted ca Jan 2000.

Regards,

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group