RE: Adjusting coeff. of coupling --- with the coil running!!

Original poster: "Ralph Zekelman by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gridleak-at-bluemarble-dot-net>

Dr. R,

I will be looking forward to your forthcoming text. I have long wished
that
others on the list would also publish on the Tesla subject.

Would you please explain in greater detail the drive mechanism on your
motor driven variable coupling. I imagine the 3/8 threaded rod threaded
into
an end cap or a plastic insert at the base of the secondary and driven
along
a threaded brass plate fastened to a bottom plate. But if I read
correctly,
you wrote that the hole for the insulated motor-driven rod is drilled
perpendicularly thru the rod. That is where I get lost. Perhaps you
meant
to write that the driving rod is placed in a hole drilled at the bottom
face of
the 3/8 rod and either pinned or held with a jam screw. That would solve

the mystery. The driving rod could also be threaded and screwed into a
threaded hole at the base of the rod. Unless I am missing something,
that
latter method is the one I would like to try.

Thanks for the excellent idea.

Ralph Zekelman