Re: flyback transformer HV question

Original poster: "Black Moon by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <black_moons-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>very small (i.e. measured in picofarads) as the current from the transformer
>is most a few milliamps and a larger capacitor would take too long to charge
>up between sparking.

Actualy, I was playing with a 4nf cap and a flyback, and with a small enufe
spark gap it fired quite rapidly into a 2" high tesla coil making wonderful
1" LOUD sparks (tho the spark gap was pertty loud too, horrable tuning I
might add)
Till the insulation broke down... now it makes 3/8inch wimpers