120 or 240 VAC? to power 4 15KV 30ma NST's

Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gerryreynolds-at-earthlink-dot-net>

I want to power four 15KV 30ma NST's (all with 120 VAC inputs).  I could
put them all on a 120 VAC line and get a big 120 to 120 variac or put two
on one phase and two on the other phase of 240 VAC line.  The latter
configuration would require a 240 to 240 VAC variac but each phase would be
half the line current of the first configuration.  I'm planning on adding a
dedicated power line in the garage for this purpose and can breaker it
appropriately.

Any recommendations???   Also for the 2 KVA NST load (with or without power
correction) how much larger a variac (in KVA) should one get???

Should a 2KVA system be brought up gradually (with a variac) or can one
just flip the switch (and not use a variac).  Assuming that any RSG is spun
up first.

Gerry R
Ft Collins, CO