Re: driving copper pipe

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>I was at home depot today.  A 6ft copper ground rod was $3.49 vs. your
>couple dollars for cement and aggravation of putting cement inside your
>copper pipe.  Just get the copper ground rod and save yourself the
>hassle.
>
>The Captain

Captain,

Not sure what part of the country you're in but the copper-clad
(copper coating over steel rod - not solid copper) grouding rods
at my local Home Depot (SW TN) are 8 ft. long (not 6 ft.) and they
run about $9. You can get the plain galvanized grounding rods
(just a galvanized zinc coating as opposed to copper) cheaper
at the same but I would assume these would be much poorer
conductors of the RF currents. BTW, at Lowe's, the 8 ft. copper
clad grounding rods are about $11, so it pays to shop around :^)

David Rieben