Oscope advice

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun.COM>

Terry,
       I'm thinking of getting a used Tek 465 scope for tesla coil
measurements. Do you have any comments on that model, or any related
advice.

-Pete Lawrence

(ps, feel free to post response to tesla list if you think others will
be interested).
================
Hi Pete,

Tektronix has never made a bad scope ;-))  Avoid those giant ones that are
bigger than a cow.  Any of the smaller (12x18x8) style CRT scopes are
great.  I have long forgot which is the 465...  I looked on ebay and those
are great scopes!  They don't have fancy microprocessors ore anything but
they don't let you down.  Try and get the service manual if you can incase
you ever have to fiddle with it.  But they made zillions of those things so
everyone knows how to fix them if they ever were to break.

Cheers,

	Terry