Re: Pole Transformer Re-Winding for Higher Voltage

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-h-at-c.dk>

Dan,

Since the transformer is an oil dipped version, there should be no
varnish to stick the laminations together. Which would have been the
biggest obstacle to rewinding: taking the core laminations apart, and
not the least: getting them together without too mush accumulated
airgap.
You need not be concerned about saturation, this is taken care of by the
amount of turns on the primary side.
And you would want to keep the primary winding as it is.
A new sec. winding would not be all that difficult to produce, just use
thinner wire.
I used Mylar as interleaving insulation:
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/museum/pig/porkchop.htm
Mark Finnis used something called pyrolam
But his site is down, it seems.
Nothing much to it, but a lot of cranking, if you like that sort of
thing, go for it.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla list skriver:

 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>