Re: New website

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ajones18-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

In <5.2.0.9.0.20030802064611.00a6dd10-at-pop.dnvr.qwest-dot-net>, on 08/02/03
    at 06:46 AM, "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> said:

 >Original poster: "Bart Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
 ><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

 >>Thank you for the tip!  I downloaded version 7 as im on an older computer
 >>that WILL NOT handle v9.  I compressed a few of my WMV files.  It
 >>typically took a 3.5MB file down to .5MB!  nice!  But, with my new digital
 >>camera (not camcorder), i can only get AVI files.  For now ive got a divX
 >>encoder, but its only a 15 day trial.  Do you know how to get the
 >>microsoft program work with AVI files?  I cant get it to work :(  Well,
 >>maybe i should figure it out for myself...
 >>
 >>Thanks for the tip!
 >>
 >>Steve

 >No, sorry. My software for that is at work so I can't play with it this
 >weekend. I haven't messed around with AVI's. You'll have to experiment
 >with  it and see what it can and can't do. If it doesn't do AVI's, then
 >possibly  something else can (AVI to MPEG to WMV).

 >Take care,
 >Bart

There's a program that will compress avi files. It adds a banner at the
end, but it's free. Or at least it was the last time I looked. Search for
Bink or Smack, don't remember which one it was but both were in the
download. I don't have it anymore since my computer crashed the last time.

I hope they don't find out Tesla coilers are using it. We might not be
allowed to anymore :-)

Alan Jones
KI4ATV
ki4atv-at-arrl-dot-net