Re: Heatsink source

Hi Chris,

At 10:15 PM 8/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey guys,
>
>Does anyone know of some place that I can buy fairly large heatsinks (for
>instance about the size needed for a 3 kW PlasmaSonic SSTC ;) ) for a
>reasonable price in quantities less than 10s to 100s of feet of heatsink
>stock?  The only thing that I've found are the CPU heatsinks available at
>my friendly neighborhood Radio$hack, but those would run me $20.00 a pop
>times four.  Thanks for any suggestions.
>
>Chris Arnold

Just look in the phone book under "metal - scrap" or wherever people bring
"big" scrap aluminum too to get a few bucks for it.  The place here has
"tons" and many look "just like" heat sinks ;-))  You may have to saw it
and all, but big pieces of aluminum are very common on the "cheap"
market...  The guys here have a band saw that could chop my car in half
(not a small car...)  Sort of a "just point to where you want it chopped
buddy" thing...

Cheers,

         Terry