Re: The Day the Music Died (was T&R Electric)

Hi Bill,

The Tesla list goes in only plain ASCII text so the HTML stuff got removed,
but we get your drift ;-))

At 05:51 PM 8/1/2003 -0700, you wrote:
><?xml version="1.0" ?>
>TCML,
>This is a very sad day indeed.  The day the music died!  I imagine maybe
>50% (or more) of the members on this TCML are too young to even know (or
>remember) who Don Mc Lean
>(the music artist), was, or is.

Got the CD right here,  I would post it, but the RIAA might be a watchin'  8-((

>His landmark song was entitled "The Day The Music Died".
>It referred to Buddy Holly, (among other famous music artists that died in
>a terrible
>plane crash).  But, Don Mc Lean's words were very prophetic, even for this
>TCML.  As Jeff
>Parisse stated below, this day had been predicted for more then 5 years
>running.
>Quoting Don Mc Leans' famous lyrics: "Bye-bye Miss American Pie;
>Drove my Chevy to the Levy, but the Levy was dry,
>Them good 'ol boys' was drinking whisky and wry,
>singing this will be the day that I die.....,
>This will be the day that I die".
>First, Condenser Products, next CSI, and now T&R Electric.  I now regret
>that I ever
>even mentioned any of my suppliers on my web site.  How many of you out there
>on this TCML ever even knew, (or had heard of by any other means), names like
>O. W. Landergren or T&R Electric, before I published my papers on my own web
>site?

If you have critical vendors, no one is going to blame you pros for keeping
them secret...

>I think most of you know who I am. Most coilers refer to me as the "Grand
>Father of
>Modern Tesla Coil Design".  Big F-ing deal!  Many of you know that I have
>*not*
>posted any replies to the THOUSANDS of emails that Terry Fritz moderates
>(and forwards) on this TCML, for over a years now.

It is interesting to note that in the year 2000, I had ""exactly"" 14400
posts!!  Spoooooky!!!!

Total as of "now" that have gone though Terry is 57387 posts...

>But, this latest *news* has
>angered me to the point that I am now sending this reply.  I hope that
>Terry will
>post it (in its entirety).

Oh "heck" yeah!!  Nice to know your still alive ;-))

>I've been in the (business) of professional Tesla Coil building, design, and
>applications, longer then anyone else on this List.  I've seen people like
>Durlin
>Cox (Resonance Research Corp.), Ed Wingate, and Jeff Parisse (kVA Effects),
>all come up through the ranks.  I have supported this.  I have also directed
>thousands of inquiries that I have received over the years, to the pupman-dot-com
>email site.  Perhaps I was wrong to do this.  It seems that (thankfully)
>very few
>*individuals* out there on this TCML, believe that their mistakes and the
>misfortunes
>should result in everyone else having to suffer the consequences of their
>actions.
>This is why I say that this is "The Day the Music Died".  If any of you,
>and you all
>know just who you are, have any issues with what I have stated above, (or
>for that
>matter what Jeff Parisse stated before), I INVITE you to email me direct,
>off this List.
>With all due Respect to those who deserve it,
>Bill Wysock.

"I" deal with thousands of "vendors" and millions of "parts".  Last week
just happened to be a very "bad" week for vendors screwing us...  But
really, it is a "don't get mad, get even" game...  Vendors come and go like
flies...  The only revenge one has is to "remember" and get "them" next
time >:o))  "Design out" is the solution...

We have no idea what happened here, but usually when one looks into the who
"mess", blame is hard to pin...

"I" look at it as "vender A = gone", "FIND vendor = B" situation...  T&R
probably had no choice here, and they may have held out longer than they
should have...  But, "we" have lots of choices and options...  You "pro"
guys can go down the street to the next vender...

But really, times and methods change.  "I" think it is time to do away with
the pole pig...  Too BIG, too expensive, and now "maybe" too hard to
get.  It is just a 5kW power supply the weighs 235 pounds...  There are
40kW supplies even scrawny Terry can hold in one hand...  I just fired off
a mail to many of my Chinese switching pals to "come save us" ;-))  They
specialize in "capitalizing" on US vender screw-ups... Hehehehe ;-)))

BTW - If anyone is in Fort Collins, CO with a truck...  I have a 14.4kV 5kW
to 120-0-120 pig that just went "on sale" for $150...

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/03-05-31-05.jpg

Figure I better dump it before it goes obsolete :o))))

"Money" back guarantee if it craps out on you.  Damages beyond that will be
solved by pistols at 25 yards...  I'll practice up on my clearing bad
rounds on the Glock since suing the bullet manufacturer for a bad round
will probably be "too late" ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry