The Day the Music Died (was T&R Electric)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <wysock-at-ttr-dot-com>

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
TCML,
This is a very sad day indeed.  The day the music died!  I imagine maybe
50% (or more) of the members on this TCML are too young to even know (or
remember) who Don Mc Lean
(the music artist), was, or is.  His landmark song was entitled "The Day
The Music Died".
It referred to Buddy Holly, (among other famous music artists that died in
a terrible
plane crash).  But, Don Mc Lean's words were very prophetic, even for this
TCML.  As Jeff
Parisse stated below, this day had been predicted for more then 5 years
running.
Quoting Don Mc Leans' famous lyrics: "Bye-bye Miss American Pie;
Drove my Chevy to the Levy, but the Levy was dry,
Them good 'ol boys' was drinking whisky and wry,
singing this will be the day that I die.....,
This will be the day that I die".
First, Condenser Products, next CSI, and now T&R Electric.  I now regret
that I ever
even mentioned any of my suppliers on my web site.  How many of you out there
on this TCML ever even knew, (or had heard of by any other means), names like
O. W. Landergren or T&R Electric, before I published my papers on my own web
site?
I think most of you know who I am. Most coilers refer to me as the "Grand
Father of
Modern Tesla Coil Design".  Big F-ing deal!  Many of you know that I have *not*
posted any replies to the THOUSANDS of emails that Terry Fritz moderates
(and forwards) on this TCML, for over a year now.  But, this latest *news* has
angered me to the point that I am now sending this reply.  I hope that
Terry will
post it (in its entirety).
I've been in the (business) of professional Tesla Coil building, design, and
applications, longer then anyone else on this List.  I've seen people like
Durlin
Cox (Resonance Research Corp.), Ed Wingate, and Jeff Parisse (kVA Effects),
all come up through the ranks.  I have supported this.  I have also directed
thousands of inquiries that I have received over the years, to the pupman-dot-com
email site.  Perhaps I was wrong to do this.  It seems that (thankfully)
very few
*individuals* out there on this TCML, believe that their mistakes and the
misfortunes
should result in everyone else having to suffer the consequences of their
actions.
This is why I say that this is "The Day the Music Died".  If any of you,
and you all
know just who you are, have any issues with what I have stated above, (or
for that
matter what Jeff Parisse stated before), I INVITE you to email me direct,
off this List.
With all due Respect to those who deserve it,
Bill Wysock.
 >From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
 >To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
 >Subject: T&R Electric - No More...
 >Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:19:19 -0600
 >
 >Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz
 ><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>
 >
 >TCML,
 >
 >T&R Electric is out of the business of selling to Tesla coilers because of
 >a complaint and threat of lawsuit by a hobbyist. They won't even sell to
 >kVA Effects anymore even with our insurance, corporate status and time in
 >the business.
 >
 >This is the same story as Condenser Products a while ago. They sold TC
 >parts, TCML bought 'em, someone threatened a lawsuit (you know who you
 >are: I do!) and now they won't sell to Tesla coilers.
 >
 >Moral: You makes your sparks you takes your chances. Be a grown-up and
 >keep your complaints and lawsuits to my vendors to yourself! This is
 >EXACTLY the reason that we do not disclose any of our vendors to the hobby
 >community nor provide specific help or advice on building coils.
 >
 >Jeff
 >p.s. Ed Wingate predicted five years ago that the supply of certain parts
 >(pole pigs, etc.) would evaporate once someone got hurt or started to
 >complain. I am sorry to say that his predictions (injury, complaint,
 >lawsuit, etc.) are coming true. This is the downside of the TCML; newbie
 >fubar...
 >

 >Jeff W. Parisse
 >Director, kVA Effects
 ><http://www.teslacoil-dot-com/>www.teslacoil-dot-com