House Circuits

Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

So,

For those of you that use PDT's or potential
transformers, once you've ballasted a la Home
Depot 500ft spool, there's still a good 20-30A
draw on the mains. Given the fact that most
houses have 15A outlets, possibly 20A in some
spots, how have you wired your power to handle
this safely?

I am considering installing a 40A circuit
breaker in my box, with the appropriate rated
wires to the garage and backyard. It's trivial
to do, and might be good for other purposes
as well. I have to check the local code to
see what is allowable and what is not, possibly
I will have an electrician do it.

How have you done it? :)