Re: Potential Transformer Source

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

How about a baby pole transformer instead? Before you
spend $350 plus, maybe you should ask these guys for a
price quote:

http://midcentralelectric-dot-com/main.html

They sell "baby" pole xfmrs in the 500VA to 3KVA
range. These are brand-new units, not reconditioned or
salvaged. Might be worth a phone call just to find out
if the price is reasonable. If you do call them,
please share your price quote with the list. I'm
curious about their cost too.

Regards,

 > Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz
 > <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>
 >
 > Well,
 >
 > www.tucsontransformer-dot-com offered me some
 > reconditioned GE JVM-5 potential transformers
 > for $350 each + shipping. I'm thinking, this
 > is kinda pricey...but I've never bought one,
 > so I don't know.
 >
 > I know there was a fella on ebay not too long
 > ago selling these for less, but I'm not sure
 > where he went.
 >
 > I need something bigger than an NST or bank
 > of NST's but less than a full pole pig.
 > (Maybe my next coil... small steps... )
 >
 > Anyone have a source or want to sell me one?

=====
Gregory R. Hunter

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg