Re: Type I PVC (Grey) for high voltage use

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

 > Just some quick questions regarding the grey type PVC.
 >
 > 1.  Are the grey PVC conduit tubes okay for tesla coiling?  I ask because
 > since it is grey it might have a large concentration of carbon in it which
 > is conductive.  I did acquire some 16"
 > grey PVC tubes (about six feet long) which I was planning on using for a
 > twin coil set-up, but as I was bringing them home thought about the carbon
 > aspect to it.
 >
 > 2.  Same question for the Type I PVC (grey) which i plan on using for the
 > support structure for my marx generator.  Much cheaper than acrylic or
 > polycarbonate and glues nicely.
 >
 > Thanks
 >
 > The Captain

	As I'm sure many will tell you, grey PVC is fine for both coil forms
and HV insulating columns.  My "big" VDG uses a column of 6" diameter
grey PVC and has been performing like a champ for almost 40 years.

Ed